OAG has been awarded for brand excellence in the Travel Solutions category in “The BrandLaureate Awards” this week at the Shangri La Hotel in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Fred Seow, Vice President Asia Pacific, received the award conferred by The Asia Pacific Brands Foundation.
- Asia aviation outstrips world growth rate
- Asia accounts for more than half of all new low-cost operations
- India leads low-cost surge
- Worldwide figures at five-year high
- Canada leads Americas’ aviation growth
- US reports above-average flights increase
- Longhaul low-fare airlines make their mark
- Worldwide flights up four per cent
- Flights to and from Europe up 8%, low cost up 57%
- Middle East, Africa set the air transport pace
- UK domestic market matches global growth rate
- Aviation’s recovery enters its fifth year
- Airlines timetable 100,000 extra flights
- 280 million ticket sales target
- Low-cost flights up 15% globally, with Asia accounting for more than half
- Middle East shows strongest growth
The over 35,000 regular international airline and freight forwarding users of OAGCargo.com, the leading information portal for the cargo industry, now have access to road transport services to over 200,000 zip codes in the United States and Canada via the Air Cargo Inc. (ACI) door-to-door services database.
- World’s airlines offer 114,000 more flights and 17.7 million more seats year on year
- 12 million more low cost seats
- Low cost sector now accounts for 16% of all flights worldwide and 1 in 5 of all airline seats
- Significant rises in transatlantic flights
Alan Glass, President and CEO of Commonwealth Business Media (CBM) has announced the promotion of Mario Hardy to the position of Vice President of the Asia Pacific Region for the Official Airline Guide (OAG), a subsidiary of CBM. CBM is a business unit of United Business Media plc.
Commonwealth Business Media (CBM), the leading information provider to the global trade and transportation market, today announced a major restructure of its OAG business, designed to bring greater global focus on serving its customers in the aviation, cargo and corporate travel industries worldwide.
BACK Aviation Solutions, a leader in providing strategic and technical consulting and data information services to the aviation industry, announced the release of their new Carbon Emissions Calculator. Developed in partnership with flight information and data solutions company OAG, the Carbon Emissions Calculator allows airlines to calculate their carbon footprints by equipment type, airline, airport, route, country or world region.